© 2018. All Rights Reserved.
- Since your digestive system is very delicate and the whole body is running clean post juice basin cleanse, it’s understandable that you proceed with caution when transitioning from a liquid diet to solid foods. Eat less, eat well, and sit down for your meal. No more shovelling food because of a time constraints. Give yourself permission to enjoy your meal, quiet your mind and taste that which you have provided through your hard labor. Take back your time to digest. If you don’t have time, reach for a smoothie until you can sit for a meal.
- Don’t fall into the mind’s taunt that you deserve a “make-up day”, indulging on – a gooey brownie, a sugary yogurt, or a fat juicy burger. A common mistep would be to reward yourself by consuming past poor choices. Instead focus on the success of your determination and choose to consume appropriate amounts of good nutrition for the next few days fulfilling your longterm goal of permanent change not simply a quick fix.
- This dedicated choice to continue on a clean path of nutrition will propel your progress to an elevated state of being. Upon completing the juice basin cleanse you can continue the detoxification process. Your body is working efficiently, now that toxins are cleared, increased detoxification pathways are relieved: liver, intestine, kidney, ellimination of easy to digest foods needs to be a priority so continued effectiveness of the juice basin cleanse can be realized.
- We suggest the following choices to transition from a liquid diet to solids: start your morning by consuming a glass of room temperature lemon water (and a probiotic if you are continuing to cultivate the gut flora). About 20 minutes later, drink a fresh squeezed organic orange juice or whole orange (not pasteurized orange juice from the grocer). Consume slowly, oranges prepare the digestive system to properly digest solid foods. Wait an hour. Your bodily systems are prepared to efficiently consume macro and micronutrients while stabolizing blood sugar and insulin levels. Repeat this consumption process for next three days.
- A thick delicious liquid breakfast is easily absorbed into the stomach without putting unnecessary strain on the body. Try to incorporate smoothies, some juicing and plenty of water in between meals. Feel free to explore your early morning smoothie regiment with rich-fiber fresh fruits, light vegetables (careful of kale and spinach as it contains oxalates which should be balanced with calcium magnesium to assure easy absorption – more about that process in our blog), chia seeds to elliminate gut impurities.
- Water water water – of course consume your daily 12 ounces, eight times a day but timing is everything. Do not consume water directly preceeding, during or post meal comsumption. It’s best to give the body time to break down foods with your new healthy enzymes.
- Nuts, fruits, seeds, Oh MY! Processed foods, bread, bagesl, and cereals no matter how good they sound are still processed and contain very little if any nutritional value. Instead reach for dehydrated flax crackers or garden chips to get your snap on. Your body is still detoxifying so choose healing, easy to digest foods, further promoting the clearance of toxins, maiximizing the effectiveness of the juice basin cleanse.
- Rawsome and live, when consuming plenty of vegetables and fruits at least halp should be raw assuring a sufficient load of live enzymes, vitamins and minerals along with antioxideants. Juice basin’s prepared raw foods are made with vegetables, fresh cut nuts, selective seeds and super foods so to fuel the body, helping to retain your post cleanse alertness with stable insulin and blood sugar.
- There are so many raw brands to choose from; however, only a few are USDA Organic. Eating organic and styaing away from low quaility foods will help you to get the nutrients you need every time you sit to eat. Organic contain higher plant based nutrients since they are raised in richer soil than laden pesticide crops. As well, the farmers will apprecitate your support in their longterm health as the USA EPA just accused Monsanto of “killing a report that links cancer to pesticides”. Really do you want to support that world because you can buy more products at less money?
- Rich in minerals including magnesium and potassium, juice basin prepares and bottles an assortment of nut mylk smoothies. Select from either cashew, almond or multi nut ingredient bottled smoothies sweetened with medjool premium dates blend creating numerous recipes: raw cacao, thai coconut and blueberries, spinach, cacao nibs, kale, peppermint, and banana, or a combination nut balanced with hemp seeds and blueberries.
- At home easy to make breakfast smoothie recipes might include green vegatables, avocado with a touch of pear and coconut water, and green apple. Feel free to be creative, just be mindful not to load up your smoothie blend with too much of any particular fruit or vegetable, instead try to strike a balance of sweet with green with tart and water soluable fat.
Lunch & Dinner
- Juice basin’s salads and soups are mindfully prepared to assist the your transition and support the continual cleansing healing process. Some hearty heated options include: Ayurveda soup cleansing which combines mung bean & basmati rice with a particular vegetable regiment known as Kitchari (the recipe can be found https://www.juicebasin.com/dosha. Lentil soup garnished with onion, carrot, garlic and parsley can be prepared easily in at home. Or if you are in the mood for a hearty soup we recommend vegan chilli, which includes: bean, carrot, sweet potato, quinoa and celery. Juice basin salads fuel the body. Whole vegetable carbohydrates offer a slow burn rather than a glycemic hike. Suggestions and juice basin options include: quinoa, chicpea, kale and raw pad Thai. These plant-based proteins and satisfying comfort foods will digest slowly resulting in carbohydrate fuel and plant based protein brain boost.
Kitchari Soup Recipe
There are lots of variations on Kitchari, but here’s one that I especially love in the fall and winter months. This recipe is tridoshic friendly, healing for all doshas as it balances Vata, Pitta, and Kapha. If you don’t know your Dosha (Ayurvedic body-mind type), to find out – aski our juice’arista for a 1 page quick check list. Stay with 2 or 3 veggies in this dish so it is more easily digestible. Enjoy!
- 1 cup white organic basmati rice OR organic quinoa (I’ve tried this and it’s great too!), soak overnight and rinse well
- ½–1 cup yellow split mung beans (see variations below), soaked overnight and rinse well
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds or powder
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh ginger
- 5–6 cups water, more if adding extra veggies
- 3 leaves of Swiss chard
- Other options: spinach or kale
- 1 cup each (or more—I LOVE my veggies): carrots, sweet potato, celery2 teaspoons sea salt, to taste
- Optional veggies: asparagus, green beans, beets
- Garnish with cilantro, parsley, dill, or basil
- 1–2 tablespoons lime juice, per serving